This is from the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality:
1. Segregate all wastes generated into 5 categories:
- Vegetative yard waste (tree limbs, leaves, etc.)
- Household chemicals, paint, herbicides, pesticides, caustic and flammable liquids (keep these items separated and in their original containers)
- White goods (refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves and similar appliances)
- Electronic appliances (computers, laptops, televisions, stereos, etc.)
- All other solid, nonhazardous wastes/debris (building materials, furniture, etc.)
2. When placing these wastes at curbside for pickup, keep each group separated from the other.
3. Do not place debris near a water meter vault, fire hydrant, or any other above-ground utility.
See Infographic: Source